Basic bearing designation system
For bearings with a bore diameter < 10 mm, or ≥ 500 mm, the bore diameter is generally given in millimetres (uncoded). The ion is separated from the rest of the bearing designation by an oblique stroke, e.g. 618/8 (d = 8 mm) or 511/530 (d = 530 mm).
ISO compliant pillow block ball bearing units are available in three variants of housing material: cast iron suitable for most applications; composite a lightweight and corrosion resistant alternative to cast iron
· ISO Dimensional system and bearing numbers 1.2 Formulation of bearing numbers The rolling bearing is an important mstandardization of bearing numbers has been examined by ISO but not adopted. Now, manufacturers of various countries are using
1) For exceptions to ISO, refer to Ball bearing unit data. For details about locking methods, refer to Insert bearings . NOTE : Eccentric collar locking is intended for use in applications where the direction of rotation is constant.
· ISO 7500 1 was prepared by Technical Committee ISO/TC 164, Mechanical testing of metals, Subcommittee SC 1, Uniaxinically revised. ISO 7500 consists of the following parts, under the general title Metallic materials — Verification of static
· ISO 76, Rolling bearings — Static load ratings ISO 5593, Rolling bearings — Vocabulary ISO/TR 8646:1985, Explanatory notes on ISO 281/1 19772) ISO 15241, Rolling bearings — Symbols for quantities 2) Under revision
· Plain bearings Bearing fatigue Part 1: Plain bearings in test rigs and in applications under conditions of hydrodynamic lubrication ISO 95 ..2:
BEARING DESIGNATION SYSTEMS
· Designation of tapered roller bearings as per ISO 355 T Example 2 C D 025. 10 1 Basic designations. BEARING DESIGN bearing series and the code for the bearing bore. The most important codes for metric bearing series are listed in table 1.1.
· 158° F (70° C) of: v = 12 mm2/s (ISO VG32) for radial bearings, and v = 24 mm2/s (ISO VG68) for thrust roller beariest position. For grease lubricated bearings: • Regular lithium soap grease with mineral base oil having a viscosity of 100 to
Values for the inner ring and thrust side of the outer ring: ISO 15 Values for the non thrust side of the outer ring: smaller ant when dimensioning fillet radii on associated components, are in accordance with ISO 582 and are listed in the data table .